Topic 1 : Global metabolomics to identify markers for pre-diabetes and severity markers for diabetes.
- Diabetes develops over a period of 2-5 years. Patients benefit immensely if they get a warning sign during this period.
- Once developed, diabetes may result in complications. Currently, available markers do not talk about the severity of the disease.
- The proposed project will use a range of LCMS and GCMS methods to monitor over 500 metabolites from human blood and urine samples.
- Advanced data analysis tools will be used to identify the biomarkers from the data.
- The project is in collaboration with leading endocrinologists in the country.