Purpose of Equipment
Type of the Facility
- Composition Analysis
- Interfacial Analysis
- Sample Preparation
Status of Facility
Source of Funding
Instructions for sample analysis
- Samples should be either in powder or liquid form. The minimum quantity of sample required is about 100 mg per analysis.
- The analysis cannot be carried out if the temperature range and the heating rate are not specified.
- Explosive, poisonous samples and samples giving rise to toxic /obnoxious gases/ fumes on heating cannot be undertaken for thermal analysis.
- The user must ensure that samples will not react with the quartz tube during the analysis.
- In order to safeguard the instrument from damage, it is absolutely essential that you must state the decomposition products associated with a heating cycle of your sample. Therefore, please furnish the following information. Sample no., decomposition product in the additional information.
- Please note that sample pre-treatment is compulsory before any analysis and will be carried out in the instrument. However, if there is any special request, extra charges may be applicable which will be highlighted in the final quotation.
- In addition, kindly fill out the google form given on the website: http://bit.do/tpdro_iitb
After filling in the information about your samples, please intimate to the instrument in-charge via an email that you have filled out the form and want to send the samples. This helps us track your application.
Details are as follows:
Prof. A. K. Suresh (aksuresh [at] iitb [dot] ac [dot] in)
Jainesh H. Jhaveri (jainesh_jhaveri [at] iitb [dot] ac [dot] in)
Saikat Saha(saikat [dot] saha [at] iitb [dot] ac [dot] in)
Prof. A. K. Suresh
Room 224, 1st floor, Chemical Engineering Department,
IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai - 400076, Maharashtra, India
Contact: +91-22-2576-7240 / 4221