Honours Awards and Appointments
- Proficiency Prize, National High School, Calcutta, 1963.
- Proficiency Prize, St. Xaviers College, Calcutta, 1964.
- Merit Scholarship, Director Public Instruction,
- Post Graduate Scholarship, IIT Kanpur, 1969-70.
- Junior Research Assistant, Chemical Engineering
Department, IIT Kanpur, 1970-71.
- Monash Graduate Scholarship, 1971-76.
- Lecturer, Royal Melbourne Institute of
Technology, Melbourne, Australia, March – July 1977 and
certificate of Teaching proficiency.
- Pool Officer, National Chemical Laboratory,
Pune, December 1977 – May 1978.
- Assistant Professor, Chemical Engineering
Department, IIT Bombay, June 1978 – May 1986.
- Associate Professor, Chemical Engineering
Department, IIT Bombay, May 1986 – May 1989.
- Professor Chemical Engineering Department, IIT
Bombay, 30 May 1989 onwards.
- Senior Research Fellow, Department of Chemical
Engineering, Monash University Melbourne 24 June – 24 August, 1992.
- Member, Task Force, Bio-Technology Manpower
Programme, Institute of Applied Manpower Research, Planning Commission,
Indra Prastha Estate, New Delhi – 110 002, July 1992 onwards.
- Member, Maharashtra State Planning Board Study
group, Water Sewerage and Sanitation, Ninth Plan 1997-2002, Government of
- Hindustan Dorr Oliver Award –
1997 for Excellence in Application of Science and Technology for Rural
Areas, Indian Institute of Chemical Engineering, December 1997.
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Indian Institute
of Technology , September ,2001.
- P.K. Patwardhan Award for Technology
Development - 2002, awarded by IIT Bombay.
for Applied Research 2006 IIT Bombay
Member 11 th Plan( 2007-2011) Committee for Rivers,
Lakes & Aquifers, Planning Commission New Delhi