- Biological Systems Engineering
- Energy & Environment
- Materials Engineering
- Process Systems Engineering
- Reactor Engineering
- Transport Phenomena and Complex Fluids
- Biochemical Engineering
- Biomolecular Engineering
- Computational Biology
- Systems Biology
- Climate Change
- Coal Gasification
- Experiments and models of interaction and uptake of nanoparticles by cells
- Electron energy loss spectroscopy (EELS) of nanomaterials
- Droplet formation in collision atomization
- Thermophoresis for aerosol nanoparticle measurement and collection
- Thermal fluctuations of vesicles
- Spontaneous emulsification
As a special drive to popularise among undergraduate students (with GATE scores) an option of direct admission to a PhD degree, the department of chemical engineering welcomes select candidates (from the applicants of the M.Tech programme) to appear for the research project interviews. Special invitations to this effect are despatched close to the project position interview dates. These students need not send a separate application for these positions. Their application data provided for the M.Tech programme will be used for processing. read more »
Please consult the following links for soft copies of Department Brochure, Publicity Materials, and Annual Reports.
- View Faculty Annual Report Data (HTML)
Positions in Sponsored Research TopicsThe following research fellowships are available; for details on the position/projects and specific qualifications, please follow the respective links.
EligibilityBTech/MTech/MSc in Chemical Engineering or a related discipline (Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Polymer/Plastics Eng., Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Sc., etc). A minimum qualification of 70% or equivalent aggregate in Bachelors and Masters is essential.
FellowshipRs 12,000-15,000/month plus HRA (30%)
- Submit an online application for these positions here: Apply Now
- Only one application is required even for multiple projects.
- Consult the links below for the general structure of the stipend/salary for the named positions.
- In some of the above projects, one may work towards a PhD degree on others one may work as staff without pursuing any higher degree
- Projects not listed above and funded by IIT Bombay Teaching Assistantships www.che.iitb.ac.in/research/phdtopics-ta.html can be pursued through the PhD program. However, number of such PhD seats available in the department is limited (about 10-14/year). For deadlines and application procedure to the PhD program, visit this link.