Admission details (http://www.jee.iitb.ac.in/)
Admission to the first year of the Undergraduate Programmes leading to the degrees of B.Tech., Five-year Dual Degree Programmes and 5-year Integrated M.Tech. and M.Sc. Programmes is made through the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) which is common for all the six Indian Institutes of Technology (Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur and Madras), Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad and the Institute of Technology, BHU, Varanasi.
The minimum academic qualification for admission through JEE is a pass in the final examination of 10+2 system or its equivalent, referred to as the Qualifying Examination. In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board / University) examination at an earlier level. Those appearing in 10+2 final or equivalent examination may also appear in JEE (Screening Test and Main Examination) for consideration of provisional admission.
The list of qualifying examinations is given below:
* The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognised Central / State Board of Secondary Examination, including Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
* Intermediate Science or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognised Board / University.
* First year Examination of a degree course of any recognised Indian University / Institute following a Higher Secondary Examination in the 10+1 system.
* Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
* General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
* High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University
* Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognised by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system
* H. S. C. Vocational examination
* A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
* 3- or 4-year diploma recognised by AICTE or a state board of technical education.