1. All Research Scholars under TA /RA/SF are entitled for leave for a
maximum of thirty days in a year in addition to
the Public Holidays. also 10 days leave on medical
reasons. The leave due can be carried over to the next year and
upto 90 days.
2. Women Scholars are entitled for maternity leave at full rate for a
period of not exceeding135 days, once during the
tenure of their award. This should be supported by
3. Male Scholars are entitled for 15 days paternity leave once during
the tenure of their award. This should be supported
by medical certificate.
Head of Department is authorized to sanction the
4. No vacation in Summer/Winter is admissible.
5. Special Leave to attend Seminars/Conferences in India/abroad to
present paper with the permission of Dean of
6. Research Scholars under CSIR/UGC and other categories are governed
by their own rules.
1. They are entitled for Winter vacation/Summer break (for 1st year).
2. In addition they are entitled for maximum of 30 days leave in
addition to public holidays, during the entire tenure of
For more details please refer
Academic Calender/ website www.iitb.ac.in